Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence, and character,
who make the world a better place.
The Council Goals
· Girls will understand themselves and their values.
· Girls will use their knowledge and skills to explore the world.
· Girls will care about, inspire, and team with others locally
· Girls will act to make the world a better place.
The Essential Responsibilities of the Service Unit
Recruit volunteers and girls reflective of the diversity of the community:
- Service team members - service unit chair, membership recruiter,
registrar, and training consultant
- Troop/Group leaders and troop/group volunteers
- Girl membership - at all age levels
Provide support to leaders and other troop volunteers to promote
the delivery of the Girl Scout program, including:
- Required and enrichment training
- Service unit networking and discussion (buzz) groups
- Girl planned service unit events
- Participation in council and community events
- Volunteer recognition
Kettering Service Unit Goals
1. To recruite and provide scouting opportunities to Kettering Girls to
understand themselves and their values.
2. Provide more opportunities for girl planned service unit events where
they can use their knowlege and skills to explore the world.
3. Provide more community service opportunities where the girls can
care about, inspire and team together to make the world a better place.